Follow these tips to your the best from your Yankee Candles.
- Trimming: Keep the wick trimmed to 1/8 inch. Our Wick Trimmer cuts the wick evenly, holds the trimmed wick, and is long enough to reach the bottom of large jar candles.
- Unwanted Smoke: Is your flame dancing? When a flame flickers too much it can produce unwanted smoke. Flickering flames can be caused by a wick that's too long or drafts in the air. Extinguish your candle, trim the wick to 1/8", check the location for active air currents - such as heaters, air conditioners, open windows - relight and enjoy!
- Large Rooms: Do you have a large room to scent? Choose a candle with a wider pool of melted wax. A large Jar or Tumbler or a Tarts Wax Melts Warmer may be what you need for your open floor plan.
- Scent Intensity: Our fragrances are true to their name and they vary in intensity just like fragrances in nature. If you are looking for candles that are more intense or less intense, think of the potency of its inspiration scent and you'll be on the right track.
- Fragrance Letdown: Are you having trouble smelling your favorite candle? Just like with other scents you may temporarily lose the ability to smell a candle through repeated exposure. Think of your own perfume or shampoo that you don't smell but others can detect on you. The solution is to give your favorite a break and try another fragrance for a while. Then return to your favorite flame and it will be just like old times!
- Sensory Overload: Has smelling your candle collection put you on sensory overload? Take a tip from the experts and sniff coffee beans between your candle scents. Master perfumers long ago learned that coffee beans will neutralize your sense of smell allowing you to fully enjoy the next aroma. If you don't have coffee beans, sniff your shirt sleeve or other fabric between candle scents for a similar effect.
- Dramatic Effect: Create the right mood with candle light ambiance. Gather three or more candles in varying heights in the center of your table for a beautiful and dramatic display. If your candles are all of the same height, use candle holders in different heights for the same effect.
- Snug Fit Best: When using Samplers votive candles, select a holder that mimics the size and shape of the candle. A snug fit creates a better burn for these small but powerful candles.
- Why Samplers: Not sure which scent to buy? We call our votive candles Samplers because they are a great way to sample new or different fragrances
- Complete Melts: When burning a medium or large jar candle, make sure you allow the candle to melt to the edge (usually about 3-4 hours) before extinguishing it. If you burn your candle for short periods of time, it will create a "memory ring" around the wick and you'll find it difficult for it to melt completely on future burns.