Eat Desserts First – Banana Cream Cake by Yankee Candle UK
08 January 2013
Banana Cream Cake is an all American dessert. A deliciously decadent cake made from banana-vanilla pudding and fresh whipped cream, a winning combination which makes the Banana Cream Cake every dessert lover’s dream. Yankee Candle UK has recently introduced a delightful Limited Edition scented candle named Banana Cream Cake. The new scent is a realistic blend of fresh banana cake and vanilla whipped cream.
Banana Cream Cake by Yankee Candle is a luscious slice of heaven made from fresh, ripe bananas blended with swirls of whipped vanilla and sugar. This delicious scented candle is available from Yankee.co.uk as a small tumbler or large jar, both with a cute scalloped lid to evoke the edge of a cake stand. Banana Cream Cake is also available in a decorative glass dessert dish with up to 30 hours of fragrance.
The Banana Cream Cake from the Eat Desserts First collection of Yankee Candle is almost good enough to eat. As well as burning this scented candle to fill your home with a fabulous scent, why not bake this scumptious cake too? We have included our favourite banana cream cake recipe for home baking.
Life is short, eat desserts first.
• 3 ½ Bananas – Mashed
• ¾ Cup of Sour Cream
• 2 eggs
• ½ Cup of Butter – Softened
• 1 Cup of Sugar
• 2 Cup of Flour
• 2 Teaspoon of Vanilla
• ¾ Teaspoon of Salt
• 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
• ¾ Cup of Milk
• 1 Teaspoon of Unflavoured Gelatin
• 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
• ½ Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
• ½ Cup of Whipping Cream
• Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
• Add mash bananas, vanilla, butter and eggs to a mixer and mix well.
• Slowly add the remaining ingredients until smooth
• Grease a 10 x 15 jelly roll pan and pour the mixture into the pan
• Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly browned
• Set aside while preparing the cream
• Place milk in saucepan
• Sprinkle gelatine over milk and let stand for 1 minute to soften
• Stir in 2 tablespoons of sugar and heat over medium heat
• Stir to dissolve the gelatin
• Add ½ teaspoon of vanilla and transfer to a medium bowl
• Refrigerate for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally
• Beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form and add to the chilled milk mixture
• Spread the Bavarian cream over the banana cake
• Add remain banana slices to the cream, decoratively over the top.
• Sit for 30 minutes before cutting into